Associate in Arts (AA) Requirements
- Satisfy all degree seeking admission requirements.
- Complete general education requirements. See General Education & Diversity Course Matrix.
Course List Code Title Credits Communications 9 semester hours College Composition I (3 credits) College Composition II (3 credits)or ENGL 125 Introduction to Professional Writing Fundamentals of Public Speaking (3 credits) Arts and Humanities 1 9 semester hours Social and Behavioral Sciences 9 semester hours Math, Science, and Technology 9 semester hoursLaboratory science pair 2MATH (excluding MATH 137) 3 1
No more than 3 hours of Fine Arts activities may be used.
4 credit minimum
3 credit minimum
- Academic Skills Courses (ASC) will not fulfill general education requirements, institutional credit requirements and cannot be included in the semester hours required for an Associate in Arts degree.
- Complete enrichment requirement
- 2 semester hours – A course used to meet a general education requirement can also be used to meet enrichment requirements.
- Complete diversity requirement
- 3 semester hours – A course used to meet a general education requirement can also be used to meet diversity requirements.
- Earn at least 15 semester hours of institutional credit from BSC.
- Meet all of the following:
- Minimum of 60 credits
- Minimum 2.00 institutional GPA (BSC only)
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA (BSC + Transfer)
- Clear all college obligations.
- File an Application for Degree in the Academic Records office immediately following enrollment in final semester.4
Specific programs may require additional degree/program requirements, refer to your program.