College Degree Requirements
In order for a student to be awarded a degree, they must complete an online Application for Degree and submit it electronically to the BSC Academic Records office. Students are encouraged to complete and submit an application immediately following enrollment in their final semester courses. Depending on the program they are enrolled in, BSC graduates are awarded degrees, diplomas, program certificates or certificates of completion. An Application for Degree that is submitted more than 30 days after student’s final semester will be awarded the following term, upon approval of degree requirements. The Application for Degree as well as other graduation information can be found on the BSC website.
Effective degree requirements are as follows:
- Students’ who are enrolled continuously, except for summer session, may choose the degree requirements in effect at the time of their initial enrollment at BSC, or the degree requirements in effect during the academic year in which they plan to meet degree requirements.
- Students who are not enrolled continuously must meet the degree requirements in effect during the academic year in which they reapply for admission.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to earn a degree. In order to change status to degree seeking, students must reapply and satisfy all admission requirements and submit an application for degree.
- Students who change plans (i.e. Certificate to AAS) but remain in the same program; may chose the degree requirements in effect at the time they started the program as long as the student has been enrolled continuously, or they can choose the degree requirements in effect during the academic year in which they plan to meet degree requirements.
- Students who change programs (i.e. Liberal Arts to Human Services) must meet the degree requirements in effect for the term they changed programs.
Requirements for each degree are as follows: