Associate in Arts (AA) Requirements
- Satisfy all degree seeking admission requirements.
- Complete general education requirements. See General Education & Diversity Course Matrix.
Course List Code Title Credits Written Communications 6 semester hours College Composition I College Composition IIor ENGL 125 Introduction to Professional Writing Oral Communications 3 semester hours Fundamentals of Public Speaking Arts and Humanities 1 9 semester hours Social and Behavioral Sciences 9 semester hours Math, Science, and Technology 2 9 semester hours
- Complete enrichment requirement
- 2 semester hours – Some enrichment courses may be used to satisfy both an enrichment and a general education requirement.
- Complete diversity requirement
- 3 semester hours – A course used to meet a diversity requirement may also be used to meet general education requirements.
- Meet all of the following:
- Minimum of 60 credits3
- Minimum 2.00 institutional GPA (BSC only)
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA (BSC + Transfer)
- Earn at least 15 semester hours of institutional credit from BSC.
- Specific programs may require additional degree/program requirements; refer to your program.
- Clear all college obligations.
- File an Application for Degree in the Academic Records office immediately following enrollment in final semester.
No more than 3 hours of Fine Arts may be used.
Laboratory science pair — 4 credit minimum
Math (excluding MATH 137) — 3 credit minimum
Academic Skills Courses (ASC) will not fulfill general education requirements, institutional credit requirements and cannot be included in the semester hours required for an Associate in Arts degree.