Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Requirements
- Satisfy all degree seeking admission requirements.
- Complete a prescribed technical program.
- Complete general education requirements.1 See General Education & Diversity Course Matrix.
Course List Code Title Credits Written or Oral Communications 6 semester hours College Composition I College Composition IIor ENGL 125 Introduction to Professional Writingor COMM 110 Fundamentals of Public Speaking Arts and Humanities/Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 semester hours Business/Math/Science/Technology 2 6 semester hours
- Meet all of the following:
- Minimum of 60 credits3
- Minimum of 2.00 GPA in a prescribed technical program
- Minimum of 2.00 institutional GPA (BSC only)
- Minimum of 2.00 cumulative GPA (BSC + Transfer)
- Earn at least 15 semester hours of institutional credit from BSC.
- Specific programs may require additional degree/program requirements; refer to your program.
- Clear all college obligations.
- File an Application for Degree in the Academic Records office immediately following enrollment in final semester.
Programs may have specific General Education requirements; refer to your program degree plan.
Must be from any two areas of study. For example, a Biology course and a Math course, but not two Biology courses or two Math courses.
Academic Skills Courses (ASC) will not fulfill general education requirements, institutional credit requirements and cannot be included in the semester hours required for an Associate in Applied Science Degree.