Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Requirements
- Satisfy all degree seeking admission requirements.
- Complete a prescribed technical program.
- Complete general education requirements. See General Education & Diversity Course Matrix.
Course List Code Title Credits Communications I 3 semester hours College Composition I Communications II 1 3 semester hours College Composition IIor ENGL 125 Introduction to Professional Writingor COMM 110 Fundamentals of Public Speaking Arts and Humanities/Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 semester hours Business/Math/Science/Technology 2 6 semester hours
- Academic Skills Courses (ASC) will not fulfill general education requirements, institutional credit requirements and cannot be included in the semester hours required for an Associate in Applied Science Degree.
- Meet all of the following:
- Minimum of 60 credits
- Minimum of 2.00 GPA in a prescribed technical program
- Minimum of 2.00 institutional GPA (BSC only)
- Minimum of 2.00 cumulative GPA (BSC + Transfer)
- Earn at least 15 semester hours of institutional credit from BSC.
- Specific programs may require additional degree/program requirements; refer to your program.
- Clear all college obligations.
- File an Application for Degree in the Academic Records office immediately following enrollment in final semester.
Programs may have a specific COMMUNICATIONS II requirement; refer to your program degree plan.
Must be from any two areas of study. For example, a Biology course and a Math course, but not two Biology courses or two Math courses.